Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mormon Women Project

After I found this website, I think I stayed up and read just about every single profile. The project is all interviews of women who have lived lives different than the stereotypical LDS woman. I find it refreshingly honest and a testimony-booster. It is now bookmarked.

Two of my favorites:

http://www.mormonwomen.com/2010/09/15/a-citizen-of-the-world/

Her intellectual bent (she’s a trustee for NPR) resonated with me and her sense of humor made me smile

http://www.mormonwomen.com/2010/05/26/finding-refuge-in-the-saints/

she survived the Cambodian Pol Pot regime with some heart rending stories

 

Also profiled is an LDS woman who is married to someone of a different faith, an LDS woman whose former mission president husband became entangled in embezzlement, the creator of the blog Seriously So Blessed, a celebrity hairdresser whose sister overdosed on heroin, a woman who chose to have only one child and the ramifications in our culture, a woman who decided not to get married and moved to Ghana instead…

 

Go. Enjoy.

 

Speaking of Ghana, we should be getting our visas tomorrow.

1 comment:

oh said...

You'll be gonna to Ghana. After Salt Lake, we're backa to homa and glad of it! We enjoyed your September photos and look forward to the next batch.

Powered by Blogger